In order to give you fresh, pollution free air all day, your AC filters and cools the air to keep you comfortable inside. On the other hand, homeowners easily overlook the value of this precious unit. As a result, it doesn’t work in proper way over time. In order to work smoothly, most air conditioning units need preventive maintenance occasionally during their whole life. Hence, you can increase its efficiency and stay away from premature breakdowns with preventive AC Maintenance company like www.enercomindustries.com.au .
How Can It Help You?
Saving Electricity Bills
Like cleaning, regular maintenance of your AC is simple. It increases efficiency of your AC and saves your electricity bills as well. Dirt in the air filter of AC reduces the ability of the machine for circulating cool air in your living room. Hence, your air conditioning unit has to use much power and you may have to change the temperature because your air conditioner is not providing cool air on previous setting. Due to dirt in condenser coils, air compressor may run harder and uses more amps. Hence, your electricity bill may go higher.
Reduces Repair Costs
You can also save unnecessary repair costs by preventive AC maintenance. With throughout maintenance you can detect more small problems and resolve them on your own before they get worse. Apart from the dirty condenser coil, a dirty coil also makes the air conditioning unit to work harder and sometimes results in premature downturn. By checking and cleaning the condenser coils, you can save the cost of compressor replacement in future. This way, you can also catch other problems like water leakage with which your AC unit can easily get damaged.
Improves Efficiency and Lifespan
Just by taking good care, you can easily extend the life of your AC unit during whole working life. With regular servicing and cleaning, you can help your air conditioner work at its best. If any part is failed, a whole air conditioning system could be disturbed and tends to result in overall breakdown. So, it is important to keep them in proper working condition and reduce stress on it. Over the longer period, your AC unit can work at its best if you maintain it more sufficiently.
How to Keep AC Clean from Outside?
If you want to maintain its peak efficiency, you should clean outdoor unit of AC unit thoroughly and regularly. If air conditioner is dirty from outside, its air flow may be obstructed and, hence, its efficiency is decreased. As a result, your AC unit may be forced to work harder. This will result in reduced efficiency of the unit and increased electricity bills. As discussed earlier, you should keep the air flow unobstructed and clean with preventive cleaning of the unit.
Hereâ€™s How You Can Do It
1. Remove all the grown up vines from the unit. Vines are found along the outside and behind the structure causing air flow harder in the unit. This way, you should pull out all the remaining dirt that was caught in the grille. Prune any plants and shrubs out from the outside environment of the AC. Plants or shrubs play a major role to obstruct the air flow from outside. The exterior of your AC can easily become the source of leaves that can fall inside via the grille and fan blades can be damaged from it.
2. Turn off the AC from the main service panel. Unscrew the outdoor unit from the top panel and remove it. In order to remove the condenser frame, remove the screws connecting side panel to the top first.
3. Spray the water through the fins of condenser coil with a garden hose. Spray the water from inside out and then outside. Dislodge the dust as much as possible.
4. In order to clean condenser coil fins more, use any old hairbrush. Go towards the same direction by drawing the brush so that you can easily make the bristles work amongst the fins. Protect yourself by wearing a dust mask if the fins have large amount of dust. You can use a household cleanser to spray in the coils and let it for 5 or 10 minutes. Spray the coil interior lightly on the top through the fan. Make sure not to make the spray too strong as fins can get damaged from it.
5. Find out the signs of bending or damages by inspecting the fins. You can use fin comb if the fins are bent. Straighten them by gently pulling the comb.
6. Use the cloth rag to wipe the outside unit of the fan blades. Suck up all the debris with a vacuum cleaner from the bottom.